We welcome electronic queries for fiction and nonfiction. Our system is set up so that every email query receives an automatic reply confirming receipt. After that, we will be in touch only in the event we would like to request more material. This is because we receive such a volume of submissions that it is impossible for us to respond individually to every query. If you have not received a request from us within 12 weeks, consider that we have passed. If we request additional material, we will of course respond with a specific reply.
We request that queries be submitted in the following way:
– Please review the individual agent biographies and submit your query addressed to one agent: Alison Fargis, Judy Linden, Emmanuelle Morgen, Maria Ribas, Leila Campoli, Alyssa Jennette, Melissa Edwards, Madelyn Burt, or Adrienne Rosado at email@example.com. Categories we do not represent include plays, screenplays, and poetry.
– Include the word “query” in the subject line of your email to ensure we receive it and it isn’t filtered as spam.
– For Fiction: Include the first chapter or first 10 pages of your work, pasted into the body of your email, so that we may get a sense of your writing. Please do not send attachments.
– For Nonfiction: Include your bio, credentials, social media analytics, previous publications in major media or books, and any other media, so that we may get a sense of your author platform.
– Please note that Emmanuelle Morgen and Madelyn Burt are closed to queries during the months of August and December.
– Alison Fargis and Alyssa Jennette are currently closed to queries and will not be accepting submissions at this time.
We also welcome queries from independent and self-published authors. If you have self-published your book and are interested in working with a publisher for future works, please include descriptions of published and forthcoming works, as well as information about sales and reviews.